We've been BUSY -- just like everyone else is especially in the summer. We made a quick trip to Ohio the middle of June for a Miller reunion (my Mom's family). Then the end of June we went to Toronto, Canada, for our church's General Conference. That was an exciting time as we traveled by coach with 56 other pastors, wives, and delegates from our regional conference. It was great not to have to drive, just sit back and relax.
Now this week we just came through our VBS. John and I took 6 LIVELY little tykes from our community (2 4-year-olds, 2 5-year-olds, and 2 6-year-olds) -- 5 boys and 1 girl (Jayna). That stretched us to the limit sometimes. The 5 little boys have never been to church that we know of, and none of them have daddies living at home with them. We can only trust that they heard something that will stick with them.
I don't have any new family pictures to post at this point. However, Jayna's 5th birthday is on Monday, the 21st, and we are planning to have her birthday party next Saturday, the 26th. So I'll try to post soon after that with some updated pictures.
So, the next best thing is my flower gardens. This is a sampling of the flowers I am enjoying these days. It's been so warm and dry -- I'm sure they are begging the Lord for some rain!! Hopefully, we'll get some in the next day or so. (I washed windows this morning while it was still "cool" outside, so maybe that will bring rain.)
I've had begonias for quite a few years now, and always enjoy them. This is the non-stop variety, and I keep the bulbs from year to year.
My roses aren't anything to "write home about," but I enjoy the few I do have.

4 comments:
Yeah! An update! I check everyday!! Anyhow, We'll be coming for Jayna's bday party! And your flowers are so pretty! Looks like you have a green thumb!! See ya soon!
Looking forward to seeing ya! I check yours every day also -- sometimes several times a day if you haven't posted for awhile. So glad to hear you are FINALLY starting your house on Monday. See you next weekend.
Your flowers are beautiful! They don't look like they are suffering from lack of rain! It has been raining so much here that Eli has to mow the grass every week and it could use it more often than that!
Rebecca is headed to AYC tomorrow. Her first year! I enjoy seeing life come full circle. I'm going to dig through my old photos for pics from AYC to post on my blog. I'm sure Joy and John Mark are in some of them. I feel so OLD! :-)
Hi,
I am sure you probably remember me and my family, but in case you forgot I am Joanna Robley's daughter :) I am so glad I found your blog. Your grandchildren are adorable.
Maria
Post a Comment