Wednesday, July 23, 2008

In Memory of Mama


The most wonderful Mother in the whole wide world!!! (Don't I look like her???) SMILE



By the time I finish composing this blog it will be July 23 -- two years since my dear Mother went to be with the Lord, and oh, how I miss her!!! There are SO many times I think I MUST talk to her. So many things I'd like to share, get her advice on, etc....... But all I have now are the memories of the wonderful times we did share together. As I look back and reflect on those times, I cherish them more and more as the years go by. Especially dear are the last few years of her life when she spent much of her time at our house. Although she kept the home where she and daddy lived when he died, her declining health made it necessary to have increased care -- and I was happy to have her stay with us as much as she needed. The last 4 months of her life were spent in bed (at our house) and she required much care. Little did she complain about the things she faced; instead, she was concerned about "being a bother."


She lived out the last few months of her life just as she had lived all her prior years --- making everyone who came to see her feel special, loved and as if they were her only friend. Indeed, she had a unique gift of sharing her love with everyone she met. She lived her life for her family, and made many sacrifices for us. Mark and I are indeed blessed beyond measure for the parents God gave us. Then as Bonnie and John came into the family, she embraced them with the same love she had given us. As grandchildren (then the great-grandchildren) began coming, she made the comment that she didn't realize how much the heart could expand to include each of them; she loved them equally. She anticipated with great eagerness the times we spent together as a family, and told us often how much we were loved. Before she departed this world, she made sure she gave us each goodbye and urged us to be ready to meet her in heaven. That was her life's greatest desire, to see her family living for the Lord.


Mom, you are deeply loved and sorely missed!!! As I promised you many times as I gave you goodnight those last few months, "I'll see you in the morning!"














3 comments:

Justin and Jennifer Harris said...

Oh how I miss Grandma! There have been so many times over the past two years when I reached for the phone and then realized she was gone. I miss those frequent, sometimes daily phone calls! It's a comfort to know that she's in Heaven with Grandpa looking down, waiting for the family to join them!

David and April said...

We to miss her SO MUCH!! This post brought me to tears. Your family has no idea what she meant to me!!!!! Her and Grandpa's picture sits on the tv stand, and I often talk to her as I pass by. I miss her so much!! Her words touched my heart in a way I can never explain! We are SO glad we made the trip every weekend to your house to see her the last 4 months she was with us!! We cannot wait to see her and Grandpa again!!! We miss you Grandma!!!!

Allana Martian said...

What a touching blog! I remember meeting your parents for the first time at Camp Freedom in St. Pete. They both seemed so sweet. Your blog gives me a great urge to pick up the phone and call my mom! My mom always says to give her roses BEFORE she dies. In other words, don't wait to love on and spend time with your loved ones!