By the blog title...what did you think? No, we're not expecting...whew!!!....and no more grandchildren are on the way. Another "whew"!! I just thought it's time to get you up to date on what's happening in our lives lately...and share a picture (or 2 or 3) of the new addition to our house.
Meet Chloe


To make a very LONG story short, we haven't had any cats since Joel and April got married. Since they lived with us for a month or so while we worked on their house after they got married (and she is allergic to cats), so I got rid of the 2 I had then. After that we had Dutchess, a sheltie, for several years. After John Mark took her, (when her barking annoyed my invalid Mother), I declared that I would never again have a pet in my house. I was enjoying being able to keep a relatively clean house. Well.....one day about 2 weeks ago, I came home to find a note on the dining room table instructing me to look in the downstairs bathroom, and if I didn't like her, we'd find another home for her. John had been working at one of our tenant's houses, helping her move out. She had acquired a large number of cats (much to our dismay), and due to various circumstances, we had asked her to leave. She had already gotten rid of several of the cats, but the place she found wouldn't let her bring any, so we were finding homes for the ones she had left. One of them won her way into John's heart....the one we had named Chloe. John knows I have a very soft spot for kitties...and of course, I fell in love with her, too. So.....!!!
The girls love her, and she is relaxed around them (for the most part). Jayna is so good with her; Kaylee, we'll have to work on! She has to learn how to properly hold a kitten.

AND........ SO MUCH FOR A CLEAN HOUSE!!!
CAMP CLEAN-UP DAYS
Friday and Saturday were camp clean-up days at Roxbury. Our church's annual regional conference was Saturday, so on Friday we went to camp to clean up around our cabin, etc. We asked Joel and April if we could take Jayna along, and they decided she could go on a "field trip" with us. We had a great day, complete with GORGEOUS weather! We took Jayna's bicycle along, so she enjoyed riding over the campground, then would check back from time to time.

Our back "yard" overlooks the creek, so we set up the picnic table, then John and Jayna built a fire pit. Now we're looking forward to roasting hot dogs and marshmallows.
Our good friend, Bill Baublitz, came to help rake leaves. They got the back yard raked and ready for the picnic table and fire pit.

Jayna on one of her breaks.

Carrying rocks for the fire pit.


Finished job!
Ready for the fire! Bring on the hot dogs and marshmallows.

Raking leaves for the truck to pick up.
Nifty way of cleaning up the leaves.
Jayna wanted to take some pictures of the things that were important to her. The following are the ones she took.


3 comments:
Glad to see an update from you! I'm not a cat person, but she looks cute! And Jayna's pictures are funny! I love that her bike is important to her!! Miss ya!!
I LOVE cats! We always had them when I was growing up, but since I got married I haven't been able to have one as they are on my husband's list of "no-no's". Your kitty looks adorable! Give her a pet for me! :-)
Faithe--if it's a choice between a clean house or a lovable pet--give me the pet ANY DAY.
Clean houses are over-rated!
Post a Comment