Even before I was "hatched" my parents owned part of Cabin 5 -- on the front row next to the tabernacle. It was co-owned by family members and we always enjoyed staying with cousins. After I was married, they bought 1/2 of the first floor (side A). We had one room that included our sitting and sleeping area and a SMALL 1/2 bath (a toilet and sink -- cold water only!) But it was a great place to go for camp and we eagerly looked forward to each year. Our children grew up attending camp -- except for the years we were living in Florida, we went every year. Many memories were made in this cabin. However, we had been thinking in the past several years how we could incorporate a shower and hot water in our unit, plus have enough room for our children and grandchildren to join us for at least part of camp --- IN THIS ONE ROOM!!! Well, it just wasn't possible. So when a nearby cabin came up for sale during this year's camp, we looked into it and felt it would be a great possibility for us. So we put a bid on it -- and it's officially ours. When we talked with my cousins who own the other part of the cabin and told them of our interest in Cabin 44, they decided that if ours was the winning bid, they would sell Cabin 5 as a whole unit. So with VERY MIXED EMOTIONS .... Cabin 5 is for sale. To my family members reading this blog, we all share many GOOD memories of times spent together here and I want you to know it's harder on me than I can say in words to move to another location. It just won't be the same. But then I have to remind myself that everything in life has its cycles and things change over the years. Nothing remains the same. So along with this reminder to all of you, I want you to know you are CORDIALLY invited to visit us at Cabin 44 any time you are at camp. We want to make many good family memories here!
NOW......
The bathroom is to the right -- with a bedroom behind it.
View of the kitchen from the living room.
Living room
(We'll put in a futon and studio couch which will double as beds, when necessary).
View of the kitchen from the front door.The living room is through the doorway, the bathroom (which includes a sink, toilet, and shower) is to the right. So now we won't have to go the camp's shower room -- and will have hot water right in our cabin. YEAH!!!
There is also room to build on an extra bedroom if we need more sleeping space. We'll see about that. Maybe we'll try it awhile and see if we need to add on. We were down to Roxbury one day last week to begin painting the outside. Hopefully, we'll be able to go down again this week and do some more. I'll post pictures as we get things done. At the back there is a nice space to put a picnic table and sit for relaxation. It borders the creek and we especially like the tranquil setting. We're looking forward to going down on our days off just to "get away."




1 comment:
Ahhh! What is it about campmeeting cabins? My grandparents had (have?) one at Penns Creek. I have many fond memories of sitting at the picnic tables on their front porch eating lebanon bologna, cheese, and Middlesworth chips!
I like your little cabin, and I'm sure you and John will make it look very inviting inside! Can't wait to see pictures of it when it' done!
Post a Comment