
One of the games
We were given a minute or so to look at this apron, then had to see how many items we could remember after she left the room. Then the apron and the items were given to Alisha.
Saturday we had a pancake breakfast at our local airport. JAARS (Jungle Aviation And Radio Service) had a "Missions at the Airport" this weekend and asked our church if we would like to sponsor a pancake breakfast. Our missionaries in Zimbabwe have been telling us of the overwhelming situation there and the dire need for funds to help their people. So we decided to do it and send the profits to Zimbabwe. It fell my lot to organize the event, and I was deeply blessed by the generosity of our people. Donations of food and money came in to allow ALL the money given at the breakfast to go directly to Zimbabwe. Lots of good help made it go smoothly. I regret that I didn't take pictures of that part of the day, but JAARS gave airplane and helicopter rides. Joel's family and John and I went on an airplane ride and buzzed Burnham. That was fun to see our houses from a birds-eye view.
The full shot from which I cropped the one above.
April and Jayna enjoying the ride.
Joel and Jayna beside our plane -- after the ride.We arrived home about 1:00 and I had to clean up the pots, pans, etc. from the breakfast. Then we left around 5:00 to go to a retirement dinner for Bill and Elaine Baublitz, pastor of the Roseglen BIC Church. They are moving to Chambersburg, so when we spend time at our cabin, we plan to visit them since they'll be nearby.

Sunday afternoon our church had a picnic at Greenwood Furnace Park at 4:00. Then our evening service was held in the chapel on the park grounds. It was a good time of fellowship in singing and praising the Lord. Everyone seemed to enjoy it.
The Byler family sang a special song.
After the service was over, we took our time going home and went home the "back way" through the valley. We were going through Reedsville when we saw ambulance lights blinking and the traffic was stopped. When they let us go through, we saw Sheri (Ritchey) Byler standing at the side of the road ready to cross over. John motioned her to go across, and when we got closer, realized it was her car that was in an accident. We stopped to make sure everyone was okay, and they seemed to be. The 3 young people in the picture above (who sang a special in our evening service) were the 3 in the accident. Alisha is the one getting married in November, Jaron is her brother, and Sheri is his new bride. Cousins who were in from Michigan for the bridal shower and to come for school at Penns Creek were all on their way to Jaron and Sheri's house for a time of fellowship. They were waiting to turn left onto their street when a truck hit them from behind. Never saw them. The trunk literally was pushed into the back seat. Alisha had some pain in her neck, so they took her to the hospital to make sure she is okay. She had played her violin at the evening service, and had put it in the Michigan van with her cousins. Otherwise, it would have been in the trunk of the car. Thank the Lord for that decision.



We were glad to get home and RELAX after our hectic weekend. Now we'll see what this week holds. Will we be making a trip to Tennessee???? We'll wait and see.




2 comments:
I guess you WERE busy! And still ARE busy......blogging! :-)
Wow!!! It's good to see you and hear about your family by way of your blog. I don't know if you will know me by my married name but I think you will recognize the name Evie Engle. Yes that's me. It's hard to believe that Sheri Ritchey is married. I remember her as a little girl. It's good to see Joel and his little family as well as hear about the new litttle one about to be born. Tell John I said hello. We are pastoring a Bible Methodist church in Ohio and we have two little ones. Evie Marie is 6 and Zane is 2. The Lord has been good to us and is blessing our church. I have a business blog-it is evieselegants.blogspot.com- would love for you to check it out and pass it on to anyone you think might be interested. Thanks!!!
Post a Comment