Monday, June 1, 2009

Vacation -- Part 2

Wednesday, May 20, we left John Mark's house in Georgia and went to Sevierville, TN, where we checked into our resort. We had reservations for a 3-bedroom, 2-bath unit from May 20-26. Later that evening, Joy, Wes and their children joined us. What a wonderful time we had. Initially, when we made plans to go to Tennessee, it was for us to attend a Gaither Family Fest in Gatlinburg. Since the tickets had to be purchased for the total 3-day event, and were rather costly, Joy and Wes decided they wouldn't buy any for their family. So we purchased 2 tickets. What a great time of singing and fellowship with fellow believers! Approximately 6500 people were there, and we commented to each other whether we would see anyone we know. The very first concert, we met 2 of my cousins from PA -- Meredith and Brucette! Friday and Saturday evenings, John and I attended, then Sunday night Joy and I went. All 3 concerts, we had opportunity for a short visit with M & B. It was great!!!

We packed as many memories as we could into our days together.



Playing Stress & Greed

Grandpa and Samuel (I'm not sure who is pleased more, Grandpa or Samuel.)


One day we went miniature golfing. They took us by train up to the first hole, and we worked our way back down.





Samuel had had enough of it, gave up and went to sleep.



Joy's family has Dollywood season tickets and had coupons for a one-day guest pass for each of their tickets. So John and I both went for FREE!! You can go in after 3 PM, then again for the whole day following --all for one ticket. So we went Thursday afteroon, took in several shows, and the children rode several rides. Friday we spent the whole day there....and they made special accomodations for me (see the picture below). I appreciated it more than I can tell them. It really saved my knees!! While they went on rides, I watched Samuel (and Ethan, if he was too small to go with them).




Wes and Ethan

Grandpa

Joy and Ethan

Missy
Darren
Missy, Wes, Darren and Grandpa

Ethan

Wes, Grandpa and Darren

One of the times Ethan couldn't go on the ride, he sat and just looked at the Dollywood map. It was too cute. Samuel was such a good baby, and fell asleep in the stroller several times throughout the day. It was a very enjoyable day together.
Missy and Ethan
Ethan

My baby and me
Grandpa with Darren and Missy
Grandma with Darren, Missy and Ethan

My favorite daughter ;-)

Samuel

Samuel's 8-month picture, taken at Dollywood

It was a MOST WONDERFUL vacation...spending quality time with our two oldest kids. I just wish they didn't live so far from us, but that's life. We just look forward to the times we're together...and when we're apart, thank the Lord for cell phones!! The older I become, the more I appreciate family and the special bond we share.

Now we're back home. Enjoying the ones living close by!! (They missed us when we were away -- we missed them, too!)

3 comments:

David and April said...

Looks like you had a very busy, but fun time!! Samual is getting so big! I can't believe Uncle John on some of those rides! He's not a spring chicken!! LOL!!! I'm not a ride person so much. I'd rather watch!! I also like your scooter!! Beep, beep look out!! =)

Anonymous said...

Well, I had to blink rapidly several times while reading this post. LOL. We had such a GREAT time, but it went by much too quickly. Such wonderful memories! I am so blessed to have such a special family. God is good! Love you more than words can say. Yes, thank the Lord for cell phones!!! Miss you so much!

Paula said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!