I thought it's time to show you what we've accomplished at the cabin. Several weekends we've spent at camp working on it, and I think it's coming along nicely. I have curtains only in the living room so far, but we did get mini-blinds hung at all the windows. Most of the furniture is in place, with a few pieces to be added yet. Wall decorations are still to be hung, but I may wait to finish up on that until spring. Every time I go, I fight the urge to put a lot of things in the drawers, cupboards, etc., yet I know it won't be long until I'll want to put them away for the winter. My mind just can't accept the fact that summer is GONE!!! and that winter is just around the corner. SIGH!! Where did the warm weather go????? I miss it already.
Anyway, here are the before and after pictures. Some of them are not the exact angle, but I think you'll get the idea.
After (We painted it Transvaal Beige, with Earl Gray and Burgandy Wine trim.)
In the living room we put a window to the back looking toward the creek. I think one of my previous posts showed a view of our "back yard."

The back view before the window.
The back view after the window.
NOW WE'LL GO INSIDE!!

The kitchen.....before
The kitchen.....after
(I liked the curtains they left in the cabin, so I used them as my color inspiration, and painted the kitchen Salmon White.)
Another view of the kitchen before
And....After

The living room....before
After...what a transformation!!! We just painted the paneling, put in a new window, and covered the OLD linoleum with nice carpet.

Another view of the living room looking toward the kitchen.
The same view...after

The bedroom...before
The bedroom....after
We took the door out and replaced it with a window, painted over the paneling, and put nice carpet down. It is really nice.
Well, that's about it. It will really put the finishing touches on when I get curtains up and things on the walls. I really enjoy doing this kind of thing, and don't know what I'll do when this is done!! HA





5 comments:
Really looking good!!!!!
It really looks great! I can tell you loved every minute of your makeover process!
Goodness--such a lot of work. How many days a year do you (or someone) spend there?
Since we've just purchased this cabin, it's hard to predict just how much time we'll actually spend there. However, since it has a kitchen, living room and a bathroom (with hot water.... and a SHOWER) we'll undoubtedly spend A LOT more time there than we did our other one (with one room, no hot water, no shower!!). Plus, we'll allow the camp to rent it out throughout the summer when they need extra housing. (That is, as long as there isn't damage done by renters, or things to come up missing. If that happens, we'll re-evaluate the benefits of renting.) Having more amenities guarantees we'll spend a lot more time there than before. Even if it's just for a night or 2 at a time since it's only a little over an hour away from home.
Thanks for stopping by my blog which led me to yours....wow - what a transformation on the cabin!! Looks great! I regret to this day that our family sold ours way back in 1976 so that we could afford a camper and spend 5 weeks on the road crossing America to get to CA for conference. Those memories are great but we sure could make use of that cabin every June and July!!! I am constantly amazed at those who enjoy decorating -- it's just not my cup o' tea!!! Will check in again sometime.
Char
Post a Comment